Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tainted Love

It's 8:15 am Saturday morning. I've been sitting at Panera for about an hour. I'm supposed to be taking noted over the chapers assigned to me for this week's class. I tried. No really, I did. I opened the book, I opened a word document. I even typed some things. But then I realized that I just can't do it this morning. I. Just. Can't.

What I really want to do today is ditch the class and take the boy to the pumpkin patch. Wouldn't a pumpkin patch on a crisp fall day be much better than trying to follow along with a scatterbrained professor? I think so. I am looking out the window at the brilliant sunlight and thinking "yes, yes it would."

He was babbling when I left this morning. I got up early, as usual on class saturdays. I tried to be quiet. As I was getting ready, I heard him.

Mommy? Daddy? Campbell? (umm....he's not here honey) Mu gic....Beatles.....Dust Dust Dust

I wanted to go in and get him. He's so happy in the mornings. He hugs me and asks for music, if I put Tainted Love on, he sings along

taint love
bomp bomp bomp
woah woah
love
taint love
bomp bomp bomp

But I know that Daddy will take care of him. He adores his father. The feeling is mutual.

And I know that tomorrow will be fine for finding a pumpkin patch. Or even next week.
I know that I need to go to class. I need to learn so that I can be a better teacher, so I can help other kids who need help. I want to advance and have secure future. I want to get my master's so I can earn more to be able to give him more. Funny how that works huh?

No comments: