This year, I plan to get my knitting back on track. I let myself putz and lay around this fall rather than knit. Knitting keeps me feeling productive.
In order to entice myself to knit, I have decided that I need some goals and some ways to reward myself, don't you agree?
For every goal I reach, I'll be able to buy something yummy for myself. It might be yarn, needles, stitch markers or something like that or it might be a treat (although I don't really need treats)
My goals for this glorious 2007...
- Knit a pair of socks every two months. Yes, I know, that's only 6 pair the entire year, but really, it's a huge goal as I only completed 3 pair all of 2006.
- Make a sweater for Boo. This should be easy, he's fairly small!
- Knit a sweater for myself. I've started this several times and ended up frogging. It's time to get to work!
- Learn to knit a lace pattern of some sort. This can be a scarf, wrap or other, but it's something I need to do!
- Make a wrap. This can be combined with #4 if needed.
- Make Mr. something. He really ought to have something his wife made, no?
- Make at least 3 things to donate to a charity of some kind.
- Teach Kol'Lonte and Darel to make socks. This involves teaching them to purl, knit with DPN's and then teaching the sock techniques. I'm going to do it though!